The Saudi-Israeli Alliance
Two of the U.S. government’s supposed allies are supposedly not allies of each other but enemies of each other, but, away from the glare of the ‘news’media, they actually work together with each other to control, by means of their secret actual alliance with one-another, a substantial, if not the major, part of U.S. foreign policies — especially regarding Iran, Russia, Syria, Israel, Palestinians, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, and Turkey, but much else besides. These two secret allies of each other, who largely determine U.S. foreign policies, are the Saud family, and the government of Israel.
Saudi Arabia is a fundamentalist-Sunni dictatorship in which the royal Saud family actually own the country including its oil company, which is the world’s largest, and in which country the nation’s center of its Shia population is bombed to smithereens if and when that ruling family’s appointed king gets the whim to do so, which he recently did — but the U.S. press didn’t even report it, because ‘Saudi Arabia is an ally of the United States.’
Israel is the apartheid regime of official Jews against official Palestinians (non-Jewish native Arabs in that land), and it’s ruled on behalf of U.S. and American billionaires, some of whom aren’t even Jewish themselves but merely far-rightwing American billionaires (some of whom call themselves liberals, even while they support their own selective type of racism). Those billionaires (regardless of their religion) own the ‘news’media and most of the successful politicians, not only in Israel, but also in America. Some of them have dual citizenships, they’re citizens simultaneously in both countries — something that shouldn’t even be allowed, anywhere, because it means, by definition, split loyalties, which makes any such person an alien agent; and any refusal by such a person to cancel the other citizenship ought to be taken to constitute a hostile act. Every nation has legitimate national-security concerns — especially when a dual citizen is a billionaire and consequently far more powerful than a mere regular citizen is: the billionaire can buy favorable press-coverage for any political agent he chooses.
The Saud family and the Israeli government are deep allies of one-another, especially because both of them aim to conquer or destroy the Shia nation of Iran and Shia Muslims in general, such as in Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon.
The alliance between the Saud family and the Israeli government has an enormous impact shaping U.S. foreign policies toward Iran and toward any ally of Iran such as Syria, and even toward allies of allies of Iran, such as Russia (which is allied with Syria). Also affected, but to a lesser extent, are U.S. policies regarding allies and enemies of the countries that are within the circle of those nations of first concern; for example, Pakistan is very tightly allied with Saudi Arabia, while in the neighboring and increasingly fundamentalist-Hindu nation India, «educated, well off/cultured Hindus are falling easy victims to Islamophobia», and, as a result, «civil war for a Muslim-free India» is drawing closer, so that, even if today’s tensions between Pakistan and India don’t produce a war between those two, India could become more favorable toward Shiite Iran, because most of India’s Muslims are Sunnis and thus are favorably inclined toward Saud-allied Pakistan, where the relatively few (Pew estimates at only 6% of Pakistan’s Muslims are) Shiites have commonly complained of persecution that’s by, or permitted by, the government. Thus, the internal Muslim, Sunni-v-Shiite, competition, has intensified not only Russia-v-U.S. tensions, but also India-v-Pakistan tensions. And, so, when the nation of Saudi Arabia was created in 1744 by an eternal pact between the Saud family and the Wahhab clergy to eliminate Shia Islam, that aggressive intent exists today, and is now clearly being spread even outside the Islamic world, and so it affects big-power relations, especially between U.S. and Russia.
Both the Saud family who own Saudi Arabia, and the Israeli aristocracy who control Israel’s government, are obsessive in their shared hatred of Iran. (The origins and reasons behind those hatreds are vastly different in Israel than in the Saud family, but the hatreds have the same target: Shia. This shared obsession is sufficient in order to unite them.)
The Saud family have one essential tool to control the U.S. federal government, and it’s their ally Israel’s government, which controls the U.S. government to do everything possible to weaken if not obliterate Iran. Whereas European nations aren’t rabidly anti-Iranian, the U.S. government is, and one big reason for that is Israel’s control over the U.S. Congress, and over most of America’s ‘news’media.
The control of the U.S. government that’s exercised by Israel’s government has been amply demonstrated in many ways:
In 1967, Israel unprovokedly attacked the USS Liberty, slaughtering 34 of our sailors and injuring 172 others; here, with my emphasized parts highlighted in boldface, is an excerpt from the long-suppressed official investigation into it:
FINDINGS OF THE INDEPENDENT COMMISSION OF INQUIRY INTO THE ISRAELI ATTACK ON THE USS ‘‘LIBERTY’’
1. That on June 8, 1967, after eight hours of aerial surveillance, Israel launched a two-hour air and naval attack against the USS Liberty, the world’s most sophisticated intelligence ship, inflicting 34 dead and 172 wounded American servicemen (a casualty rate of seventy percent, in a crew of 294);
2. That the Israeli air attack lasted approximately 25 minutes, during which time unmarked Israeli aircraft dropped napalm canisters on the Liberty’s bridge, and fired 30mm cannons and rockets into our ship, causing 821 holes, more than 100 of which were rocket-size; survivors estimate 30 or more sorties were flown over the ship by a minimum of 12 attacking Israeli planes which were jamming all five American emergency radio channels;
3. That the torpedo boat attack involved not only the firing of torpedoes, but the machine-gunning of the Liberty’s firefighters and stretcher-bearers as they struggled to save their ship and crew; the Israeli torpedo boats later returned to machine-gun at close range three of the Liberty’s life rafts that had been lowered into the water by survivors to rescue the most seriously wounded;
4. That there is compelling evidence that Israel’s attack was a deliberate attempt to destroy an American ship and kill her entire crew; evidence of such intent is supported by statements from Secretary of State Dean Rusk, Undersecretary of State George Ball, former CIA director Richard Helms, former NSA directors Lieutenant General William Odom, USA (Ret.), Admiral Bobby Ray Inman, USN (Ret.), and Marshal Carter; former NSA deputy directors Oliver Kirby and Major General John Morrison, USAF (Ret.); and former Ambassador Dwight Porter, U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon in 1967;
5. That in attacking the USS Liberty, Israel committed acts of murder against American servicemen and an act of war against the United States;
6. That fearing conflict with Israel, the White House deliberately prevented the U.S. Navy from coming to the defense of the Liberty by recalling Sixth Fleet military rescue support while the ship was under attack; evidence of the recall of rescue aircraft is supported by statements of Captain Joe Tully, Commanding Officer of the aircraft carrier USS Saratoga, and Rear Admiral Lawrence Geis, the Sixth Fleet carrier division commander, at the time of the attack; never before in American naval history has a rescue mission been cancelled when an American ship was under attack;
7. That although the Liberty was saved from almost certain destruction through the heroic efforts of the ship’s Captain, William L. McGonagle (MOH), and his brave crew, surviving crewmembers were later threatened with ‘‘court-martial, imprisonment or worse’’ if they exposed the truth; and were abandoned by their own government;
8. That due to the influence of Israel’s powerful supporters in the United States, the White House deliberately covered up the facts of this attack from the American people;
9. That due to continuing pressure by the pro-Israel lobby in the United States, this attack remains the only serious naval incident that has never been thoroughly investigated by Congress; to this day, no surviving crewmember has been permitted to officially and publicly testify about the attack;
10. That there has been an official cover-up without precedent in American naval history.
On 30 September 2016, I headlined «Why Does U.S. Gov’t. Donate $38B to an Enemy Nation?» and provided my answer to that title-question. But, regardless, the fact is that the U.S. government’s subservience to the government of Israel is recognized by some Americans, and it’s acceptable to most Americans, since there is no well-funded organized movement in the U.S. to oust from Congress all of the Senators and Representatives who have voted for the continuation of America’s formerly $3 billion-per-year and now $3.8 billion-per-year annual donation to that apartheid enemy nation.
On 15 August 2017, Philip Giraldi at unz dot com, headlined «Israel’s Chorus Sings Again: Less than total loyalty to Israel is un-American», and he opened:
Congress is on a one-month summer recess. You would think that given the recent turmoil over the bill to eliminate Obamacare and the upcoming debate over tax policy the nation’s legislators would be back in their home districts talking to the voters. Some are, but many are not. «More than fifty» Congressmen are off on an all-expenses paid trip to Israel to demonstrate that «there is no stronger bond with any ally we have.» Yes indeed, a congress which cannot pass legislation to benefit the American people finds that it has only one voice when it comes to our troublesome little client state that also doubles as the leading recipient of U.S. tax dollars in the world.
How do they do it? They do it by relentless courting of the congress critters and media talking heads, all of whom know how to repay a favor. Some readers might be asking how Congress (spouses included) can accept these free trips from a foreign government? The current trip is estimated to be costing $10,000 per person. Well, the answer is that they can’t do it directly, which would be illegal, so the clever rascals at the American Israel Political Affairs Committee (AIPAC) have created an «charitable» foundation that pays the bills. It’s called the American Israel Education Foundation (AIEF). AIEF is a tax exempt 501(c)3 foundation that had income of more than $80 million in 2015. As it is tax exempt that means that its activities are, in effect, being subsidized by the U.S. Treasury so the congressmen are being «charitably educated» while they are also being wined and dined and propagandized in part on the taxpayers’ dime.
If this were instead a Saud-run working vacation for members of the U.S. Congress, it would be far more repulsive to America’s voters than it is when Israel’s government does this. Whereas America’s old right, like the KKK, have knee-jerk hatred of Jews, America’s new right, like Southern Baptists and the rest of America’s fundamentalist Christians, support Israel because ‘God gave it to the Jews’. Plus, most Jews are likewise knee-jerk supporters of Israel’s government against Palestinians. And, most liberals also have been that, because Jews generally are voters for Democratic Party candidates. Thus, a huge solid political base exists in the U.S. for continuation of the U.S. government’s donations to, and alliance with, the government of Israel, notwithstanding Israel’s slaughter of America’s sailors on the USS Liberty, and the treason of Israel’s spy in America Jonathan Pollard, and any other warring by Israel against the U.S. But it doesn’t exist for continuation of the U.S. government’s alliance with the Sauds. The Saud family is the wealthiest on the planet. They can afford to pay — in favors if not in cash — for Israel’s government to carry their PR water in Washington DC. Thus: Israel does the lobbying and PR work for the foreign policies of the Saud family, in Washington, and the Palestinians obtain an outsized proportion of their Muslim support from Shia Muslims instead of from Sunni Muslims.
Back on 21 August 2012, the New York Times headlined «Skinny-Dipping in Israel Casts Unwanted Spotlight on Congressional Travel». Little has changed, except that a Republican is the President now, and a Democrat was the President then. In foreign policies, the U.S. President does whatever the U.S. and Israeli billionaires allow him to do, and that doesn’t change much over the decades — say, ever since 1967, at least. Americans are sympathetic to the apartheid racist nation of Israel, but not to the outright dictatorship of Saudi Arabia. So: the excuses to overthrow Iran’s government are in line with Israel’s stated fears against Iran but not with the Sauds’ stated fears against Iran. Israel’s government is thus the front-man in the operation.
On the Sauds’ side of this Israel-Saud control of the U.S. government, that control is practiced almost entirely behind-the-scenes. But it’s just as real. Their attacks against the United States included the ones on 9/11, which however relied heavily upon inside participation by George W. Bush and Dick Cheney, as well as by a few others in the U.S. government at the time — but the U.S. government has consistently blocked this information from reaching the U.S. public. The Sauds control the foreign policies of the United States government even more than does the government of Israel, and much more quietly, because the Sauds have virtually unlimited wealth at their disposal.
The coup de gras of all this, is that Iran — the nation that the U.S. aristocracy raped in 1953 and that both the Sauds and Israel want to destroy — is the nation (and the only nation) that in U.S. courts has been blamed for having been behind the 9/11 attacks and has been fined $10.5 billion to restitute victims of the 9/11 attacks, which Iran wasn’t at all involved with and which was a 100% Sunni operation (but with inside help from a few American insiders — none of them Shia).
These things might seem impossible, at least in the view of almost all Americans, whose ‘news’ that we read, see, and hear, doesn’t include much, if any, of these facts. But they’re not just true, they’re easy to explain, once one recognizes that the U.S. isn’t a democracy but a dictatorship. And, of course, being a dictatorship, our press doesn’t report to the public such facts, as that the Sauds (in conjunction with U.S. insiders) did the 9/11 attacks, and that in 1967, Israel intentionally targeted and attacked the USS Liberty and almost succeeded at sinking it, and that all of this has been covered-up by the U.S. President at the time, and by all subsequent U.S. Administrations. Facts such as these, indicate what type of bipartisan dictatorship this country really is, which is the sort of information that such a dictatorship would most prohibit its public from knowing — much less, from understanding. But it’s all documented, right here, in the links, and in the links within the links, in this article. And that’s just some of the evidence for it. (There is much more.)
By Eric Zuesse
Source: Strategic Culture